Rodney Marshall
Edgar Wallace Mysteries represented my dad's first six ventures into cinema, albeit 'second-feature' B-movies with a budget of £22,000. Between 1960-65 48 of these were produced, mostly at Merton Park. Praised by one critic as "Brit Noir at its best". Went straight to TV in US.
Read more
9 months ago
Peter McConnell
9 months ago
In response Rodney Marshall to his Publication
Still shown regularly on weekend lunchtime TV in Australia. My favourite show. Some wonderful actors roll through - episode “Dead Man’s Chest” memorably features John Thaw, Aussie icon John Meillon, Arthur Brough, Peter Bowles and Michael Robbins!
Read more
Soylent Green Fingers
9 months ago
One of the finest dramas I've seen is The October Moth. Not technically part of the EW series but under the same umbrella. Well worth seeking out. Stars Peter Dyneley who was the voice of Jeff Tracy (in this case with a Yorkshire accent).
Read more
HologramicTVC15
9 months ago
Love 'Five To One' - one of the best in the series along with 'Clue Of The New Pin', 'Backfire!' and 'Solo For Sparrow'.
Eddie Sotto
9 months ago
These look like fun to watch.
Arthur_S
9 months ago
I wonder if TalkingPicsTV has a licence to show these? Sort of films that are just down their street!
Rodney Marshall
9 months ago
In response Arthur_S to his Publication
They do show them, Arthur.
Ugly_bag_of_mostly_water
9 months ago
80s on channel four where I caught up with these, and The Scales of Justice, and a chunk of the old ABC franchise back catalogue (Callan and The Avengers).
John Porter
9 months ago
…. And all transmitted by TalkingPicsTV Great stuff
Dr Retro
9 months ago
We're just about to record our next SecondFeatures episode about those Edgar Wallace Mysteries!
Rodney Marshall
9 months ago
In response Dr Retro to his Publication
Excellent. Will have to listen to that.
Rodney Marshall
9 months ago
In response Dr Retro to his Publication
I must buy the Network release of these as, ashamedly, I have never seen any of them.